CDMOs and Nanoplasmids at Biotech Week Boston
Biotech Week Boston is always an exciting time, with so many events happening at once. Vendors and participants buzz around to decide what presentations and meetings to attend, and which vendors they want to see. During the event, Aldevron had two highlighted speaking slots that attracted a good amount of attention.
Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMO) are a timely topic, which led to a panel discussion that included Aldevron Chief Scientific Officer Venkata Indurthi. During the panel, Cell and Gene Therapy CDMO Selection and External Manufacturing Best Practices, some of the topics touched on were:
- How to select CDMO partners?
- How are CDMOs planning for the rapid expansion in the CGT field?
- Understanding CDMO capacities, timelines, and capabilities
- Qualification, and quality agreements for commercial manufacturing
We also had a featured presentation by Patrick Paez, Technical Marketing Manager, as he discussed, A Next-Generation Plasmid Demonstrated to Improve Non-Viral Vector Manufacturing – Nanoplasmidᵀᴹ. Paez pointed out several key Nanoplasmid benefits during the talk, including:
- Replacing antibiotic resistance with RNA-OUT technology
- Improving performance across multiple applications using Nanoplasmids versus traditional plasmids
- Reducing manufacturing costs by increasing yield
- View a summary of Patrick Paez’s Nanoplasmid presentation
- Watch the video of Venkata Indurthi’s panel discussion
- Read Todd Howren’s post on CDMO capabilities
- Have questions about this topic? Contact us
- Have a topic to suggest? Let us know!