We never know where roads will lead us, though one roadmap we’re proud of providing is one of internships, helping develop scientific talent in our growing biotechnology industry.
It is great to be able to provide the opportunity and watch students getting involved in the industry while being able to apply what they are learning at college to the work going on in the field.
This is a benefit to them, our company and the industry at large, as they will be the next generation of scientific talent helping drive breakthroughs in research and providing novel health care.
We pride ourselves in having offered these opportunities to students from colleges and universities around our Fargo and Madison locations for several years. Aldevron has also supported the North Dakota Governor's Schools, where high school students who are selected based on academic merit are awarded summer intern projects. Every year we welcome several interns, with some recent examples of areas within the organization being:
- Ryan Kienitz, who is an accounting intern and continues with us as he attends North Dakota State University (NDSU) in Fargo
- Steffan Stroh, who attends NDSU and interned as a biomanufacturing operator
- Matthew Walters, who is attending NDSU while interning as a biomanufacturing operator
- Jack Will, from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn., interned as a biomanufacturing operator
- Samantha Foti has had internships in Madison with both client relations and project management. She attends Xavier University in Cincinnati
- Craig DeValk, who worked in the lab in Madison and attends the University of Wisconsin
One thing that strikes me is the enthusiasm these interns display as they learn how we as a company serve researchers around the world. No matter what type of internship they have, they get to see how we help researchers seek new treatments for diseases that affect each of us in some way.
During their time with us, we strive to help each intern develop their skills so they can be prepared for a career after college. Throughout Aldevron, you will find people who started as interns and were brought on as an employee after completion of their degree. They are now integral to our success as a company.