Opportunities at Aldevron
Fargo, North Dakota
plasmid.com Client Relations RepresentativeOpen or ClosePlasmid.com, part of Aldevron, a rapidly growing contract science organization, is seeking a Client Relations Representative to join our team. The position is located in our Fargo, ND corporate office.
- The Coordinator, Client Relations, Plasmid.com is responsible for the following activities:
- Identify, develop, manage, and close new Plasmid.com plasmid services business. Grow business within current client base. Cultivate long-term client relationships (80%).
- Work with Marketing and Client Relations personnel to launch new marketing programs, attend trade shows, and launch new service platforms (20%).
- 6-10 weeks initial lab training followed by periodic lab support when/if needed.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Track and input information into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system.
- Properly identify and transition leads to other business platforms (custom plasmid, protein, antibody, gene synthesis).
- 10-15% travel.
- Communicate with clients in person, over the phone, and via email to understand needs, communicate project information, and support business development efforts.
- May be required to work hours outside a standard work day/week.
- Duties may include periodic lab support.
- Prior to Client Relations training, the Coordinator will spend 6-10 weeks in the production lab to gain hands-on technical and operational experience. Duties may include:
- Day-to-day management of all plasmid.com lots, including generating work instructions and supervision of personnel as needed.
- Manufacture of plasmid.com products, including transformation, inoculation/growth, harvest, purification, and quality control testing of all preps including nanodrop spectrophotometry and final dispensing and storing of excess as necessary.
- Packaging, shipping, and fulfillment of plasmid.com orders.
- Ensure product quality and turnaround times remain consistent.
- Communication with Client Relations Representatives as necessary regarding general project updates as well as issues/failures. Communicate directly with clients via email or telephone as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Broad scientific and technical expertise in the fields of molecular biology and biochemistry with a clear scientific understanding of plasmid purification and downstream applications.
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree, Sciences.
- Previous training and experience in a client-facing role preferred.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com Aldevron offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
There are currently no positions available at Aldevron's Madison location. If you would like to have your information on file for future opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to Werner Golling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Representative Intern in biotechnology / biology / life sciencesOpen or CloseAldevron is looking for a student who is interested in both science and business and who wants international experience in sales for our Antibody generation platform, located in Freiburg Germany.
- Basic scientific understanding of biology
- Speak and write fluently in English, German is a plus
- Willingness to speak to international clients on the phone
- Ability to work independently and report to the business development team
- Computer proficient
- Permissions to work in Germany
- Work with and support Aldevron's antibody team
- Identify potential clients from pharma, biotech and diagnostic companies
- Discuss with potential clients to understand their needs
Hire date is flexible. Minimum 8 weeks commitment preferred. Candidates must, by the start of employment, have the permissions to work in Germany.
Send resume and cover letter to Laure Marmin, email@example.com. Please include your schedule availability and start date.